GOPIO France Objectives
GOPIO is non-partisan, secular global organization engaged in promoting the well being of People of Indian Origin, enhancing cooperation and communication between Indians living in different countries.
With this perspective some specific objective of GOPIO is:
• To constitute think Tanks and Task Forces of Indian abroad on Particular issues of interest to the Global organization of people of Indian Origin(GOPIO) or to India.
• To promote the interest and aspirations of the Indian communities around the world and of specific groups residing in various countries of their adoption.
• To promote common cultural heritage of India and therefore create a binding relationship.
• To mobilize financial, intellectual and professional resources of Indian abroad for their mutual development and advancement and for the development of their country of origin.
• To encourage interaction between communities of Indians abroad on a global level to deliberate and decide on common issues and problems facing them including education and technology.
• To further the interaction between PIOs and other communities at the global level in promoting world peace, progress and ecological harmony
• To help the Indian communities in different countries to promote legitimate secular and developmental interests of the countries in which they are resident.
• To provide a forum at periodical intervals to discuss, debate and decide on common problems and issue facing groups of Indians abroad and initiate measures to redress their grievances.
• To disseminate regularly information on global, regional and national developments affecting Indian community abroad as a whole or substantial part thereof.
• To further the interaction between Indian people and other communities at global level in promoting world peace, progress and ecological harmony.
• To develop channels of communication between groups of Indians resident in different countries and between them & India.
• To raise funds through contributions and other means on regular basis and at special occasions for promoting social and cultural activities at a global level as well for the relief and rehabilitation of groups of Indians affected by natural and other calamities.